Saturday, July 29, 2017

Post #31 - Autograph Cards #7-9

Well hey there.  I've been absent from the blog scene for damn near a month now.  That's a combination of being extremely busy with legion baseball wrapping up and moving back down to Missouri, and the fact that I haven't pulled off any trades or picked up new cards lately.  With that being said, I did do a little shopping for myself today while at the gas station, but I'm hoping to have that post up for tomorrow, and probably the next day.  Today, to make things quick, I'm going to hit autographed cards from my Green Binder numbered 7 through 9. I started this a while back when I didn't have anything else to post about, and I've actually had these pictures sitting in my email inbox for a while, waiting to be blogged about.  So, without further ado...


Card: 2008 TriStar PROjections #371

Player: Bryan Anderson (Baseball)

Team: Springfield Cardinals

Obtained: TTM

Notes: Anderson is currently a free-agent catcher, but has seen time with the Cardinals, White Sox, and A's.  He was a 4th round draft pick of the Cardinals in 2005 out of Simi Valley High School in California, and worked his way through the minor league system before making his MLB debut on April 15, 2010.  He only saw four games of competition in two weeks before heading back to AAA. When he continued to stay in AAA through the end of 2012, he opted for free agency, where he landed with the White Sox.  Although he was a September call-up, he would be released at the end of the season.  He signed a contract with Cincinnati, who promptly dealt him to Oakland, where he again bounced back and forth between the Show and AAA, mainly in September.  As of right now, he's a free agent, and one of my favorite catchers to watch; talk about a guy who gives it everything he has and fights for everything he's gotten.  I'm hoping he latches on with someone for a couple more years, but he isn't exactly a young gun anymore.


Card: 1987 Topps #73

Player: Dave Anderson (Baseball)

Team: Los Angeles Dodgers

Obtained: TTM

Notes: Anderson played in the majors from 1983-1992 with the Dodgers and the Giants; he won a ring in 1988 with Los Angeles.  In fact, he played a very interesting role. Anderson was the decoy pinch hitter on deck for the pitcher against Oakland before a hobbled hero in Kirk Gibson came off the bench to drill a game winner to the right field bleachers. Anderson has spent many years managing and coaching at the major league, minor league, and collegiate level.  He was most famous for being the third base coach for the Texas Rangers, involved in two controversial plays: a "coach's interference" call with Michael Young in 2010, and a debatable call to send Josh Hamilton home on a foul pop up in 2011, in which Hamilton ended up with a broken wrist.


Card: 1990-91 Pro Set Superbowl 160 #108

Player: Dick Anderson (Football)

Team: Miami Dolphins

Obtained: TTM

Notes: Anderson played nine seasons with the Dolphins in the AFL and later the NFL.  He was a consensus All-American at Colorado before his time in the pros.  A three-time Pro Bowler, Anderson was part of the undefeated 1972 Miami team.  In 1973, he became the 7th player in NFL history to intercept four passes in a single game.  After retirement, he became a Florida state senator, and in 2006 he was elected to the Miami Dolphins Ring of Honor. Anderson is also a member of the college football Hall of Fame.

I'm hoping to get back on this tomorrow afternoon/evening with some personal stuff and more cards, but it may get pushed to Monday.  Regardless, everyone have a wonderful remainder of your weekend, and thank you for reading!

Jason


5 comments:

  1. Holler at me got tons of who I collect..do you have any heritage minors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any heritage minors cards; heck, up until a few months ago I didn't even know they existed. Do you have a wantlist I could take a look at? Maybe I have something else that I can fire your way

      Delete
  2. I always loved the '08 TriStar set. They looked great signed. The white against the middle color always looked really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll second those sentiments.

      Delete
    2. They really do. That's part of the reason I sent so many out. It's funny; one would expect most MiLB card designs to be very cluttered and exciting, but I've found that many are actually pretty simple and make great signature cards.

      Delete