Friday, July 7, 2017

Post #29 - More Trading from the Database

I feel like I'm falling behind on my trade posts, which makes me very uncomfortable.  While it's been a busy summer thus far (I returned from Ohio Monday afternoon before celebrating the Fourth with family on Tuesday and playing on the road Wednesday and Thursday) I have plenty of people that I owe credit to for helping me continue to expand my collection.  The two transactions today came via the Trading Card Database; one from a new trading partner and one from an old one.

First up, cjpaiken got ahold of me while I was in school about buying a couple more cards from him (I picked up a 1992 Topps Shawn Green in February). I told him to give me some time until I got home and back to work over the summer and I had the spending money for luxuries such as baseball cards.  We finally completed the deal and the cards arrived in short order.


This 1992 Classic Draft Picks Jeter card shows him in his Kalamazoo Central (Michigan) high school uniform, which makes it unique enough.  Throw in the fact that he's 18 years old, and I was thrilled to add this one to my modest Jeter collection.


The other card I picked up from Jim is this Shawn Green "Dress Code" relic from 2003 Donruss Classics.  This marks my second Green relic. Anytime I can get some sort of "hit" card for my PCs it's a good feeling, and this card is no exception. Thanks for a quick and painless transaction Jim; we will have to do it again soon!

The other transaction that was recently completed (at least, almost - Edward, your cards should be arriving soon) with Detfan6897 allowed me to get rid of some trade stock instead of cash. I tossed Edward some Tigers and what I believe to be set fillers or PC cards in exchange for the following:




The Mantei Topps Total is a welcome addition, as is the Green (which is actually a team checklist card). The Posey flagship is a new addition too, although I already have the Opening Day version.  Finally, the 2017 Heritage batting leaders allows me to add a Votto card to his PC; I've got another one on the way for my Reds collection too.

I'll try and get another trade post up this weekend; if I still owe you one, I'm sorry, but I promise it's coming! Have a great evening, and as always, thanks for reading!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment