Monday, June 19, 2017

Post #25 - Trade with The Angels, In Order

A week or two ago, Tom from The Angels, In Order posted about a mascot card he had discovered from 2006 Upper Deck and put out a call asking if anyone had the other two from the mini-set.  I did and immediately left him a comment. Over the next couple days I was able to throw the two mascot cards and a handful of Patriots cards from Tom's wantlist into a bubble mailer.  His return package was extremely generous and something that I'm going to showcase today.

First up are numerous Reds cards that are new to me and will certainly help when I get my stuff together and start documenting/placing my Reds collection into binders.  I think at the point I'm at right now, I'm best off throwing all of them into a box until I can get ahold of some binders and pages, but I digress.









The 1995 e-Motions are sweet and my first of the kind. All of these cards are new to me, including those 1994 Score cards and the early 2000s Donruss.  Tom also sent a good portion of the 1993 Fleer team set.  There are some oddballs and cards that I'm completely unfamiliar with as well.  The Toys-R-Us cards are pretty cool, as is the Eric Davis Starline.  The stamps, however, aren't just cool and unfamiliar, but they are completely foreign to me.  I don't even know where to start researching them, but I'm hoping I can get more somewhere!


Tom also threw in some minor league team sets for that portion of my collection.  This first one is the 2009 DAV set for the Grand Prairie AirHogs (now the Texas AirHogs), an independent league team from Texas. Highlights of this set include the manager:


And how can you not love a mascot named Fighter Pilot Ace Bacon?


Next was a 2008 Kansas City T-Bones team set, an independent league team from, you guessed it, Kansas City.  This particular set celebrated the team winning the 2008 league championship. Highlights:


Ken Harvey saw a little bit of time with the Royals before heading down to independent ball.


And of course the T-Bones wouldn't be complete without a bull mascot named "Sizzle"

Finally, a new Reds set as well that leaves me in a bit of a conundrum.


This 2011 Thompson Plumbing/Heating team set is the first I've seen and is a great addition to the Reds collection. But here's my problem...


Mr. 2010 MVP himself gets a silver shiny card (the Gold Glove winners got gold shine) commemorating his season.  I can't bear to break the set up, sooo...anyone got an extra JV 2011 Thompson card lying around?

Tom, thanks so much for a great trade. I'm already setting cards aside for you for next time! Thanks for reading, and everyone have a great night!

Jason

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the stuff, thanks again for trading. Those team sets free up some space for more Angels!

    ReplyDelete