Sunday, June 4, 2017

Post #23 - Autographed Cards #4-6

Three more autographed cards from The Binder this afternoon.  Seeing as it's Sunday and my allergies are again kicking my behind, I'm cooped up indoors, no matter how beautiful the weather.  So, without further ado, here are the fourth through the sixth cards out of my green autograph binder.

Sidenote: I really can't wait until I can invest in a scanner, because the quality of these pictures is just killing me to look at. I try and make everything that I can perfect (grammar, photos, etc) but sometimes this phone camera just doesn't cut it.  Maybe once I get my iPhone repaired that will help...


Card: 2016 SAGE HIT "Autographed" #A43

Player: Geronimo Allison (Football)

Team: Illinois Fighting Illini

Obtained: Pack/trade

Notes: Allison is currently a wide receiver on the Green Bay Packers roster. He attended the University of Illinois-Champaign before he was signed as an undrafted free agent.  He spent two years at Iowa Western Community College before transferring to Illinois for the 2014 and 2015 seasons.  Despite being cut by the Packers during the last round of team cuts in 2016, he was signed to their practice squad and then promoted to the active roster on October 24.  In the second quarter of the Packer's Week 8 game against Atlanta, Allison made his first career reception - a four yard touchdown pass from Aaron Rodgers. In March of 2017, Allison resigned with Green Bay.


Card: 1991 Upper Deck #198

Player: John Alt (Football)

Team: Kansas City Chiefs

Obtained: Through the mail

Notes: Alt was an offensive tackle in the NFL from 1984-1996, spending his entire career with the Kansas City Chiefs after graduating from the University of Iowa.  He was a two time Pro Bowler and is a member of the Chief's Hall of Fame.  Alt's son Mark was the 53rd overall selection in the 2010 NHL draft by the Carolina Hurricanes, and he currently plays for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.


Card: 2008 TriStar PROjections #331

Player: Brett Anderson (Baseball)

Team: Visalia Oaks

Obtained: Through the mail

Notes: Brett Anderson currently pitches for the Chicago Cubs, although he has also seen time with Oakland, Colorado, and Los Angeles.  Anderson was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the second round of the 2006 MLB Draft and passed up an opportunity to play for his father at Oklahoma State to sign his contract.  However, in 2007, Anderson was one of several prospects who was traded to Oakland for Dan Haren and Connor Robertson.  Anderson would make his major league debut with the A's in 2009 and end up leading the team in wins with 11.  In 2011, however, Anderson landed on the disabled list and wound up having Tommy John surgery.  Over the next three years, a handful more injuries would bite Brett, and he was traded to Colorado in 2013. After one season, Anderson was signed by the Los Angeles Dodgers; after two years in Los Angeles, he was released and signed with the Chicago Cubs before this baseball season.  Personally, I'm hoping that he can avoid many of these injury bugs that keep snapping at him and sending him back and forth between the disabled list.  He's truly a fun pitcher to watch.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday and enjoying the weather and their families.  As always, thanks for reading!

Jason

2 comments:

  1. Those Tristar cards were just made to be signed. Some of my favorite autographs are from that sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought so too, especially with all of the white. I have a handful signed TTM from that set as well as one that I pulled when I bought them. Unfortunately the card that I pulled is a sticker autograph but hey, can't win them all!

      Delete