Thursday, June 1, 2017

Post #22 - A Contest Entry

When I first started this blog in March, I was so certain that I would post everyday and make so many new trading partners and have such a great time and stick with it so well and...yeah, you get the picture.  Two of those things have come true: I've traded with some wonderful people already and I know there's more out there, and I have had a truly great time thus far blogging, even if it only has been for three months.  I number all of my posts as I go, because I know that if I don't, I'll skip right past any milestone that I ever have, and I don't want to do that.

I should note, by the way, that I've met many people in the online collecting community that I consider friends, even if we haven't met in real life or had more than a few interactions.  You are all wholesome, well-rounded, and passionate people, so take a quick second and give yourself a pat on the back.

Okay, now back to the entry! Julie (who I've mentioned several times) over at A Cracked Bat: Baseball and a Hot Dog recently hit her 100th post! In lieu of this milestone, she is running a contest on her blog and I figured I would take the opportunity to enter.  I always intended to enter the Top 10 contest Collecting Cutch put on, but that sticking with it/posting everyday stuff...

Anyway, if you don't follow her, get on it! And if you already do, give her a shoutout on your blog and send some more followers her way! And while we're talking about Julie, I figured I could take this opportunity to show off another grouping of cards she sent from a contest a while back.  It's been a bit since I did this, but there's still a bit left.  So today, let's take a look at what she sent from 2016 Topps Bunt.

I really like the design of both last year's and this year's Bunt, although these are my first Bunt cards ever.  It's hard to tell via scans online what a card will really look like in hand, but I can say with certainty that 2016 Bunt was a beauty.


We start with three Red Sox legends.  I love the Yastrzemski; I also really like how they used period-appropriate logos for the different eras.


Jose Canseco was idolized by every ballplayer at one time, but I think that some things speak volumes... like shooting oneself in the hand (or groin...I'm looking at you Plaxico Burress).  Sonny Gray was a late addition to my (currently) 8-0 fantasy team, but he hurt me pretty bad the other night with -13 points.


Brian McCann was one of my favorite catchers to watch growing up, but he never played for a team that I cared enough to follow.  Another legendary player in Juan Gonzalez.


Finally, this one is probably my favorite of the Bunt bunch; Lightforce insert of the one and only Johnny Bench. As I've mentioned, I'm a Reds fan, and anytime you can pick up a card of the greatest catcher in franchise history, it's a good day.

Make sure y'all go give Julie a follow and a shoutout before tomorrow evening! Details are on her blog.  Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone has a great night!

Jason

1 comment:

  1. thanks Jason! I am so glad you are enjoying the cards! Good luck on the Randomizer!

    ReplyDelete