Monday, May 15, 2017

Post #20 - What I've Been Up To

Yeah, I know everyone is dying to know the answer to that question.  Well, this post will contain the answer! And even if you aren't dying to know, well, you must be just a little bit curious, because you're still here! So, without further ado...

1. Trade packages!


These three are for Robert at $30 A Week Habit, Marc at Remember the Astrodome, and Gavin at Baseball Card Breakdown.  Gavin's isn't quite done (his is the unsealed one on the left) but it is close; I'm hoping to have these out this week.  Saturday morning will be the latest ship date.  I really owe this one to Robert, so I appreciate his patience!

2. Set building!


Yes, after x amount of years of wanting to build this fun little set as a kid, I'm finally pulling the trigger and doing it! For those of you wondering, this is the 1994 Upper Deck Fun Pack set. I only took this one picture of one of the only complete pages I have, but I'm currently sitting at 176 of 240 base cards (73.3%), plus I need all 30 Scratch Off inserts.  I have uploaded my wantlist to the "Sets I'm Building" page here. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, on the flip side of the trading spectrum with this set, I've got between 100-150 duplicates of different cards in a box right now.  If you're missing some team or player cards from your collection that are in this set, let me know and I'll see if I have any; if I do they're yours no questions asked!

3. Reds Team Sets

On my "Also In Search Of..." page I mention that I'm going to try building the Reds team sets from each flagship release from 1980-present.  Maybe once I get a good chunk of the flagship sets done, I'll move to Opening Day, Ultra, etc.  But for now, my wantlist for the flagship sets will be up very soon; all I have left to type up at 2005-2017 Topps, and then to go through and cross off whatever I already have!

So that's what I've been up to the last 72 hours.  Moving on, what's on tap for tonight?



1988 Fleer! Time to see if this "factory set" has all 660 cards (except the Rocky Childress I need; anyone?).  If so, I'll be purchasing some pages and a binder and putting this puppy away as a completed set.  Is that fair? Hey, my collection and my blog, so yeah, it's fair! Just like with the Fun Pack set, I'll try and get a trade list up as soon as I can for duplicates, because I know I have a handful of 1988 Fleer's in my collection that I won't need!

EDIT: So on second thought, this isn't quite fair.  So I'll make building this 1988 Fleer a challenge; this box essentially just became my starter set.  I'll use the TCDB checklist and chase down the variations and inserts (except for maybe stickers) as well.  Keep an eye out for a wantlist!

Well I better get cracking on that Fleer! Sorry I don't have a 30-day Challenge entry today; I'll try again tomorrow.  Thanks for reading, and have a great night!

Jason

1 comment:

  1. I definitely have that Rocky Childress somewhere around here for you.

    ReplyDelete