Thursday, May 11, 2017

Post #19 - I'm Baaaaaaack

Whoops.  That was an unintended sabbatical from blogging, and collecting in general.  Between finals, moving into the duplex in Missouri, and getting back home to Michigan for a few months, I haven't had time to do anything with my collection.  Because of that, I do have to make a small apology.

Robert from the $30 A Week Habit blog sent me the cards that I'm going to show off today, and I owe him a package back.  Robert, I'm getting ready to start working on the Lawrie/Thome/McCutchen list to send your way, and then it'll be a package afterwards.  Also getting one set aside for Bru at Remember the Astrodome (need you to resend me your address) and I think Night Owl at Night Owl Cards (he is a Dodger fan, right? If someone can confirm, and even send me his address, I'd appreciate it!)

Without further ado, let's see these Posey's that Robert generously sent my way.  Disclaimer: he also added a couple of Shawn Green's and Tom Brady's, but they've already gotten mixed into a shuffle, and I don't want to post the wrong cards!


Robert found a 2013 Topps Wal-Mart parallel I didn't yet have; there's actually a ton of these parallels when you consider that Posey was featured on three different base cards, including this one.


This "Then and Now" insert from 2017 Topps is one of those cards that I would have never pulled on my own, and would have ended up buying from a shop for a couple of bucks; luckily I won't have to!


This is the card that initially caught my eye: 2017 Topps Gypsy Queen Green parallel.  I never really see GQ in stores, so this is another one that I would have had a hard time obtaining.


Finally, potentially my  new favorite Posey card: 2017 Topps Heritage Chrome, #'d 356/999. This marks my first numbered Posey and it's just a gorgeous card in general. Thanks again Robert! Like I said, hopefully I can have your trade package sent out soon!

Here we are again with day #11 of the 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge: one of your favorite cards from the 1970s. Another area of my collection lacking in substance, and since it was before I was born, I have to pick another famous one.


1970 Topps Johnny Bench screams "Big Red Machine" at me! I love it, and that's a golden era of baseball that as Reds fans, I sure hope we see again soon!

That's all for me tonight.  I should have some more from Julie's box tomorrow, and I promise I'll get those trade packages wrapped up soon! Everyone have a great night, and thanks for reading!

Jason

1 comment:

  1. Posey is one of my fave non-Tigers! The GQ green parallels are gorgeous cards. I like them so much better than the base. Oh and yes, Night Owl is a DODGER man! If you want to make him excitable tho, toss in a Giant or two.

    ReplyDelete