Sunday, April 30, 2017

Post #18 - Glory Days

Been a while since I posted; between finishing up my final weeks of baseball (yes, I'm a senior - and now I'm no longer a baseball player) and cramming in studying for finals with homework, things have been a little hectic.  I've had these cards from the ACB box organized, filed, uploaded to the TCDB and saved photographically on my laptop for almost a week now, if not more, but I'm finally getting around to posting them.  Today's post is going to feature almost exclusively classic Hall-of-Famers (although there may be a few guys who aren't in - don't hold me to this), as well as an important announcement at the bottom, so please don't just skip over it!



Julie's box contained a nice smattering of 2014 Classics card, including some pretty nice inserts.



More Rod Carew cards; but who's going to turn down a Hall-of-Famer? I like the Frank Thomas/Jose Abreu insert in the first picture as well. I now have the Duke Snider and Johnny Podres "Stepping Up" cards from that insert set.



The top picture here shows some of those 2017 Topps "advertisement" cards - I think there's 8 or 10 in the set? I honestly couldn't bear to throw these out like I'm seen some say they do; to me these are still baseball cards, and if there was one of a guy from my player collections, I'd want it.  The bottom picture shows a gorgeous Frank Robinson Finest insert, as well as a couple Musial and Ripken cards. Who cares about junk wax when it's Cal Ripken Jr. and George Brett?!


And we wrap up today with some Panini Cooperstown parallels from (I think) 2012.  Love the Joe Morgan; maybe someday I'll start up a collection of players from the Big Red Machine of the 1970s. As always, thanks to Julie for the box, and next time I post I'll have some more fun stuff!

Of course, I need to do my next installment of the 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge.  I think I might start calling it the 30 Post Challenge, seeing as it's taking me well over 30 days.  Today is Day #10 - one of your favorite cards from the 1960s.  Hard for me to think of any classics off of the top of my head, but I knew what player I wanted to do, and I do love this card now that I've seen it.


I will always stand by my opinion of putting Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame.  Many will argue about whether or not he's truly the greatest hitter of all-time, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who didn't list him in the top 5.  How can you have one of the five greatest hitters of all-time not in the Hall of Fame? Blasphemy! Okay, I'm done now.

That will do it for me this rainy Sunday.  If you're in the Midwest like me, try not to float away with all of this rain.  One last note - I'm heading home over the summer, at least for a couple of months. This means that if you traded with me on the Database, my address on there will be changing, so make sure that you have my updated Michigan address before mailing anything.  I can always be reached via email (jasongerman9@yahoo.com) if you need to confirm or want to work out a deal. Everyone have a wonderful rest of your Sunday, and thanks for reading!

Jason




1 comment:

  1. glad you liked the cards Jason! i get a kick out of giving cards away. Enjoy your summer! I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete