Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Post #12 - Trading on the Database

About a week ago, TCDB member jlcre2003 hit me up with a trade offer, and I happily accepted.  I'd like to first of all thank him for his patience, because even though the offer came through on Wednesday and he sent his portion of the deal on Thursday, I wasn't able to get to the post office until Monday morning.  Luckily my end of the trade is on the way and should be arriving tomorrow.  I was able to unload 14 cards off of my tradelist: three 2008 Topps, seven 2013 Topps, and two 2014 Topps.  Let's see what came my way from North Carolina.


1990 CMC Denver Zephyrs #1
Jeff Peterek alert! My 10th of 16 Peterek cards! Honestly, this one alone would have been enough for me to agree to the trade, but we were just getting started.

1995 Topps Traded & Rookies #13T; 2004 Upper Deck Vintage #141
A new Shawn Green and Matt Mantei make an appearance here as well, although the photograph of the Green is a little rough.  The rest of this trade package marks my first football cards received on the Database.

2010 Donruss Rated Rookies #22
A new Dan LeFevour makes a grand total of two in my collection; I think there's a ton of parallels for this one that are still floating around out there.

1988 Topps #210, 1989 Pro Set #364, 1989 Topps Traded #112T, 1990 Pro Set #327
Four new Ralf Mojsiejenkos for his modest player collection; all four of these cards I know I have somewhere from the last time I tried putting together a Mojsiejenko PC, but I haven't had an ounce of luck trying to track them down, so these are welcome additions.

2010 Panini Prestige #118, 2011 Panini Stickers Foil #44, 2013 Panini Contenders #67, 2013 Panini Rookies & Stars #37, 2014 Panini Rookies & Stars "Longevity" #36, 2015 Donruss #22
Six new Tom Brady cards for my PC.  I won't lie, my Brady collection has hit a serious snag as of three years ago, when I switched my collection interests mainly over to baseball.  This is another player collection that I will be lucky to even make a dent into, as Brady's cards number well into the thousands.  Regardless, his binder still exists and I'm always happy to make new additions to it.

That wraps up this post; another trade on the database that involved me sending the most cards that I ever have before.  James, they should be arriving tomorrow according to the post office, so be on the lookout.  Also, Kin, if you're reading this, shoot me an email (jasongerman9@yahoo.com).  Thanks for reading, and everyone have a great Wednesday evening!

Jason

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if you chase multi-sport sets, but there's a Tom Brady card in the most recent issue of SI for Kids. Right in the center spot, though, which means perforations on all 4 sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into that. I always wondered how people were able to get SI Kids cards out in great shape. I remember Tuff Stuff (the old price guide) came out a few years back with four card lots in their monthly magazines; Brady had a card there too, along with Rodgers and Manning. Those were the days, when price guides came with a card inside!

      Delete