Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Post #8 - 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge: Day 1

If you aren't yet aware, Tony over at Off Hiatus Baseball has put together a 30-day baseball card challenge.  I figured that since my content is currently pretty slim, I would throw my hat in the ring and see if I could pull this off.  I've seen plenty of these on social media, generally with photos or music, and I think doing a baseball card one is pretty awesome.


I know a couple of bloggers started yesterday, but we were out on the road and didn't get back until midnight, so I'm starting my challenge today.  Day one is a card from the current year with a photo that you like.  Now, my 2017 stash consists of 5 packs of 2017 Topps right now, so the pickings for this are pretty slim.  If you were to ask me to do this again in 6 months, my answer would most likely change (although I suppose that's not guaranteed).  Anyway, I digress.  The card I chose for challenge day 1 is...

2017 Topps #37
There's a lot for me to like in this picture.  Jose Bautista is one of the more exciting players in the game today; there are few players that I stop channel surfing to watch hit, but he's one of them.  Josh Donaldson is the same way.  But here's what I love.  First, the look of focus in Encarnacion's eyes (I believe that's Edwin coming to the plate; feel free to correct me, Jays fans).  The same goes for Pillar (again, I think that's him).  But even more so what I love is the casual Bautista-Pillar forearm bump.  That's probably my favorite baseball celebration, because it's so simple but when pulled off quickly and successfully, one of the most bad-ass celebrations as well.  Throw in Pillar's concentration with the eye black, and this is a no-brainer for me.  Fantastic.

I'll try to get a second post up tomorrow, with the category "a card with multiple players."  I suppose this technically counts for that too, right? Just kidding.  I'll find a new one.  Until then, everyone have a wonderful rest of your day and thanks for reading!

Jason

1 comment: