Monday, March 27, 2017

Post #7 - Two TCDB Trades

I checked my mailbox this morning and had two PWE's sitting in it waiting for me to open.  One I was extremely excited for and the other, well...I was still excited for it, but I kind of forgot it was coming.  Even though the smaller of the two was a trade proposition that came after the first one, I still completely blanked out on it.


2012 Panini Triple Play #57

2012 Panini Triple Play #57 (Reverse)
TCDB member ShoTime contacted me recently, offering me the Derek Jeter shown above in exchange for an Eric Hosmer 1987 Topps insert that I pulled from a recent pack of 2017 Topps.  I had no use for the Hosmer so I was happy to add another Jeter to my modest DJ player collection.  Like I said, I kind of forgot about this one because of my excitement for this next trade shown below, but I appreciate the deal nonetheless! ShoTime, your Hosmer should be arriving soon if it hasn't already.

Marc Brubaker at Remember the Astrodome left a comment on a previous post that I did, mentioning that he'd like to work out a deal.  I left him my TCDB username, which is where my wantlist/tradelist is at for the moment, figuring he could set up whatever he wanted.  Bru asked for six Astros off of my trade list (well, 5 Astros and a Roberto Clemente), which I was happy to oblige.  In return, he offered me 16 cards from my wantlist!

1990 Fleer #333
A new Jeff Peterek! I still swear that I have this card somewhere, and I know for a fact that I have an autographed copy in my autograph binder, but Bru knocked this one right off of my wantlist, moving the total Peterek collection to 9 of 16.  I still need the Canadian version of this card, so if anyone has that I'm highly interested.

Clockwise, starting top left: 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes #116, 1999 Topps #109, 2002 Upper Deck Vintage #189, 1998 Upper Deck #531, 2000 Pacific Omega #73, 2000 Metal #180
Six new Shawn Greens for the collection! I especially like the 2013 Hometown Heroes card; that's a design and set that I'm totally unfamiliar with.  I have Green's 2002 Upper Deck Vintage base card but was missing this team checklist with Gary Sheffield.

Clockwise from top left: 2016 Topps Bunt Program #P-18, 2016 Topps Gypsy Queen #2, 2014 Donruss #331, 2013 Pinnacle #144, 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes #168, 2013 Panini Triple Play #69, 2014 Topps Opening Day #150a, 2014 Topps Opening Day Superstar Celebrations #SC-8, 2015 Topps #275a
Holy cow.  9 new Buster Posey's to throw in on top of there as well.  I'm lucky to pick up nine Posey cards in a calendar year, let alone in one trade.  Bru, you went above and beyond here.  As I've mentioned, there should be two packages waiting in your PO Box for you this evening, and I hope they help your collection as much as your package helped mine.

I'm extremely lucky to be part of a collecting community that is not only generous and giving with their trades, but is even willing to trade at all.  I'm always open to entertain offers on the TCDB for the time being, although I do hope to get some wantlists up on this blog here in the next month or so.  Everyone have a wonderful rest of the day, and thanks for reading!

Jason

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome! Happy to unload a few cards on you. ;) Looking forward to many more trades to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've traded with both of them, I think. Good people!

    ReplyDelete