Thursday, March 23, 2017

Post #5 - TTM Haul Part II

Back this morning with the rest of the autographs that I had waiting in envelopes for me back in Michigan this weekend.  Next time we can start diving into some trade packages.  But first, four new baseball signatures for the binder!

2015 Choice Midwest League Top Prospects #14
Torres is a prospect in the Padres minor league system.  I picked this 33 card set up at the end of the 2015 baseball season and sent all of the cards out over the summer of 2016.  I'll have to run a check sometime to see how many of them are still in my collection, but this success is the newest.  I took about 8 months, as I'm assuming Torres returned it from spring training.

1988 Donruss #556, 1989 Topps #151, 1988 Donruss #556
Terry McGriff is the uncle of Fred McGriff, and was one of the more recent 1988 Donruss cards that I grabbed off of a stack, added to an envelope with a few other of his cards, and sent off.  The fact that it shows him in a Reds uniform is a pure bonus.  He signed all three of these via his home address in a little over a month.  One of the 1988 Donruss cards is available for trade if anyone is interested.

2012 Topps #104, 2008 TRISTAR PROjections #331, 2013 Topps #347
This is the second time I've written to Brett Anderson.  The first time, I was a bit younger, less experienced, and much less mature.  My theory was that if I sent cards in a penny sleeve, they'd be a little more protected during the journey.  Guess how that turned out with damp ink? That being said, I wrote to Anderson during Spring Training...last season.  Seriously.  I got these three back in just under a year, which is pretty cool.  Nothing quite like thinking that a card is long gone and seeing it in your mailbox (or mail stack) a year later.  The 2013 Topps unfortunately got a little bubbled, much like the Rod Brind'Amour I showcased yesterday (the cards were stuck back-to-front), so it's available for trade.  I don't know what it is with Brett Anderson, but I cannot get a clean signature!

2004 Bowman Sterling #BS-LH
Once again, not a true TTM return, but an autographed card through the mail.  I won this Holdzkom card in a contest held by Sports Card Info back in February and I finally got it added into my binder.  Holdzkom unfortunately passed away in a car accident in 2015, so this is a very nice piece of cardboard for the collection.

Thanks for reading, and I'll have more good stuff this weekend.  Everyone have a wonderful and blessed day!

Jason

1 comment:

  1. Definitely some nice returns there - especially the Andersons!

    ReplyDelete